• In a world marked by constant disruption, the pursuit of wellness has become both more urgent and more complex as outlined in the WED WEB CHAT — Seeking Wellness In Times Of War, hosted by STORM-ASIA

  • Bree Hutchison wrote a new post 4 months ago

    This article was harder to write than I imagined it was going to be.

    When you remove the slogans and spin, when you honestly reflect on the culture that is, rather than the culture you would like to have, then […]

  • Bree Hutchison wrote a new post 5 months ago

    75% of all organisations are struggling to move to a high-performance culture, according to the latest McKinsey, State of Organisations Report 2026
    However, when you strip away the narrative of low worker […]

  • It’s not what we don’t know that will trip us up;
    It is what know for certain, that just isn’t so.

    is very difficult and very risky. And as the late, great Nobel Prize winner, Daniel Kahnemann taught us, h […]

  • Bree Hutchison wrote a new post 6 months ago

    Since our workplaces started to open up, after Covid-19 lockdowns, there has been much emphasis on workplace productivity, with so much time, money and effort poured into employee culture programs.

    In this […]

  • Just yesterday, I said that most employee feedback is framed as a critique rather than an opportunity to improve a business outcome.

    But, if feedback was reframed, this one shift has the power to radically […]

  • On 18 March 2026, we launched our new office in Launceston.

    Thank you to everyone who has been part of this journey – those who gave their time, support, kind words, advice and care.

    On the day, our […]

  • February 2026 – New Year, New Location Newsletter

    Dear Friends and Colleagues,

    As we throw ourselves into 2026, I would like to reflect for a moment and say thank you to all of you for your support and for […]

  • I am always honoured to be asked to contribute to STORM-ASIA. A dark and broody reflection from me on 2025 but with a prayer for kindness, empathy and justice – may 2026 bring greater equity and joy to all. […]

  • Bree Hutchison wrote a new post 1 year ago

    For years we have been saying, “Learning will be more important than knowing and success will be enjoyed by those that learn the fastest, not by those that know the most”

    Today, I found myself saying, “Le […]

  • Last week I was in Brisbane speaking at a leadership conference about the performance imperative of having happy and engaged workers – I said that such employees make better decisions, show highers levels of […]

  • When we are unable to distinguish between what feels good and what’s true, we slide, almost without noticing, back into superstition and darkness – Carl Sagan

    Every client we work with is racing to leverage t […]

  • For years I have been saying the #1 profit maximising and growth strategy available to any business, in the mid to long term, is investing in its people.  Today, as has been the case for decades, ‘people’ acco […]

  • Dear Steven,

    Firstly, I am a big fan and want to thank you for putting out such high quality work – I watch your podcasts religiously.

    Regarding your recent podcast on AI Agents and your remarkable example o […]

  • For 20 years, I have been trying to define the DNA of performance and have written extensively about curiosity, empathy and grit as organisational and personal superpowers.

    For all my research, I had not […]

  • Most people recognise that our bodies have an automatic stress response.
    It always surprises people, however, when they learn we have no instinctive relaxation response.
    To de-stress, we have to actively and […]

  • I very much enjoyed writing the paper linked below, about how professionals can build an enduring career. More importantly, I hope it reminds us all that living our values is the short-cut to an authentic and […]

  • Contributing to this article, ‘Is Kindness A Lost Art?’ was difficult and left me feeling vulnerable. There is a terrible sadness in witnessing the head-long rush into narcissistic individualism, rampant […]

  • Wishing everyone; ‘Wisdom & Peace of Mind’ for 2025.

    Kannan Chandran from STORM-ASIA asked me and others about our hopes and wishes for 2025 and the full article is linked below. My modest contribution is […]

  • I was very happy that the team at STORM-ASIA sought my perspective on our (Australian) legislation around children using social media – It is nice to think that Australia is showing leadership on this and it is […]

  • Load More